WEDDING CAKES -
HAMPSHIRE - WEST SUSSEX - SURREY
Creating and delivering wedding cakes over 10 years, with a belief that your wedding cake should be nothing short of a work of art reflecting your individual style.
Service, taste and the finished creation are all of equal importance to something as memorable as your wedding day.
Contemporary wedding cake design marrying together elegance, modernity and the couples individual style.
MEET THE DESIGNER
"It gives me so much pleasure to play a small part in producing something so beautifully memorable to add to the decadence of a couples all important wedding day."
MY STORY IN SHORT....
* My favourite childhood memory was decorating the Christmas cake with my mum.
In my early years, I spent hours drawing wedding cakes, dresses, and shoes for fun.
* In early adulthood, I worked on luxury cruise liners for 7 years travelling and experiencing some of the most exotic and exciting places around the world.
I spent my days sunning on white sand beaches sipping cocktails and sightseeing and by night working as a croupier in the casino and in the latter period of the 7 years at sea, selling fine art in onboard auctions.
* Upon giving up the cruise life I worked in high-end luxury fashion recruitment in London.
Whilst a desk job was not my dream job, it did give me further insight into what is expected in the luxury market and I got to meet some very well-known celebrities in fashion.
* The start of my love affair with cake artistry began in 2007 when I decided to create my own wedding cake and devoured anything I could find on sugar craft and baking. My newlywedded husband quickly became a cake widow.
* The Cake Temple name was a little nod to my great grandparents who during the war would make artificial wedding cake tiers out of wood and ice them perfectly before adding my great-grandmother's renowned delicious fruitcake to the top. This was for people in their community at a time when rationing made it almost impossible to obtain a wedding cake.
My great-grandmother's surname was Templeton, 'Temple' being a place of marriage and ritual so 'The Cake Temple' was born.
To skip to present day, when away from the kitchen I am either walking my mini dachshund Lylah and the Jaffa Cake stealing whippet Ollie, spending time with my husband and teen daughter or flicking through high fashion and interior design magazines where I often find inspiration for new cake designs.
So that's a little window into my background but more importantly you should know that I really love everything about what I do now (well maybe not the washing up so much) and always feel so honoured to be asked to create something so beautifully memorable to add to the decadence of a couples all important wedding day.
Steph Newton Photography
James Brown Photography
Daniel Watts Photography
Thank you so so much, we were absolutely blown away with our cake, it looked phenomenal and tasted so nice! Nothing but 5 stars 10/10
Lisa was an absolute pleasure to work with and her cake certainly lived up to her Temple name.
It not only looked spectacular and matched our wedding aesthetic perfectly, but it tasted divine.
Neither my wife or I approached the Cake Temple with a specific flavour in mind so the opportunity to taste the possibilites in such a relaxed environment was priceless.
Lisa delivered the cake on the day with no fuss and in plenty of time to put me at ease and shave another thing off my mind. We couldnt recommend The Cake Temple enough.
Charles & Rebecca
We are so appreciative of all your hard work leading up to the big day and could not have chosen anybody better to make our wedding cake. You made our day so special and we'll never forget that.
Sarah & David
"Amazing cakes! and I will forever recommend your services to everyone I know!"
Thank you for creating the most beautiful wedding cake. We were so amazed when we saw it for the first time! it was everything we imagined and wanted it to be, we had so many comments about how yummy it was. Thank you also for all your time and patience throughout the process, you were amazing and helpful.
Grace & Oli